I am weeping as I type.
So today's list is just being thankful for words that are not mine, and things that sustain.
- The hymn, "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing"-- Come Thou, Fount of Every Blessing. Teach my soul to sing thy praise. Streams of mercy, never ceasing, call for songs of loudest praise.
- The Jesus Prayer: Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.
- For Mother Christophora at Holy Transfiguration Monastery, Elwood City PA, reminding the priests' wives, just talk straight to God, even in the bathroom. -- I poured out my supplication before Him; I showed before Him my trouble.
- For hot showers, where in quiet, I cry aloud to the Lord. + I cried unto Thee, O Lord; I said: Thou art my refuge and my portion in the land of the living. Attend unto my cry, for I am brought very low. Deliver me from my persecutors, for they are stronger than I.
- For Sunshine in windows during which I pray: "Bring my soul out of prison, that I may bless Your Name."
- For the Psalmody in Great Vespers, where the enemy is power of darkness over my soul: In the way wherein I walked have they secretly laid a snare for me. I looked on my right hand, and beheld, but there was no man that would know me. Refuge failed me; no one cared for my soul.
- "Oh Lord, grant me the strength to bear the fatigue of the coming day with all that it shall bring. Direct my will, teach me to pray, pray You Yourself in me."
- Now, the day is falling asleep and a warm dinner with friends is worthy of thanksgiving.
- Thanks for boys who love trains and legos.
- Richard Foster's The Celebration of Discipline
- Wood Burning stoves
- Persimmons, frozen, thawed and under some coconut milk
- Rosemary, Basil
- Batter My Heart, Three Person'd God:
BATTER my heart, three person'd God; for, you As yet but knocke, breathe, shine, and seeke to mend; That I may rise, and stand, o'erthrow mee,'and bend Your force, to breake, blowe, burn and make me new.