Thursday, January 10, 2013

Bruises and Purple Honors

Yesterday, I had a bruised heart. For months, I've sported some bruised knees. I'm pretty sure toes were broken in July. Now it's time to put out a badge of purple honor on some parts of life. So here's thanksgiving for great books I got read last year:

  1. Aldo Leopold's A Sand County Almanac
  2. The Fault in our Stars John Green
  3. Earthworks: A Collection Scott Russell Sanders
  4. Jacob of Sarog Poetry on the Theotokos (thanks to Padre Joel for that gem)
  5. Henry David Thoreau's Walden- I know it's a sin I hadn't read it before.
  6. Remembering Wendell Berry
  7. Mad Farmer Poems Wendell Berry
  8. The Triggering Town Richard Hugo
  9. I Could Tell You Stories Patricia Hampl
  10. Reading Like a Writer Francine Prose
  11. Mary Carr's Lit
  12. Vivian Gornick Situation and the Story
  13. Out of the Dust by Karen Hesse (thanks, Grandma!)
  14. Chaim Potok's My Name is Asher Lev
  15. Holy Scriptures, over and over and over, my life, my breath, my joy

No comments:

Post a Comment